Friday, May 15, 2015

Baby You Can Drive My Car, or Maybe Not


I don't remember much about my dreams last night, other than I kept doing things that would mess up the front bumper of my car where my stepdad just fixed it.  In real life, I accidentally backed into a stack of railroad ties in my dad's driveway.  I didn't realize it at first, but it had made my front bumper be hanging off the passenger side of my car.  I have a $500 deductible on my car insurance, and it was going to cost at least $500 to fix it through an auto repair shop.  I'm going to Branson with my family on Memorial Day weekend, and my stepdad said I shouldn't drive that long way with it like that.  Fortunately he can be a genius with fixing things, and he did with my bumper. Well, I've noticed I'm now hypersensitive to anything that I might hit with the front of my car.  I know that I have a bad tendency of driving a bit over curbs because I'm always unsure how far the front of my car goes.  Well, that hypersensitivity must have carried over into my dreams, because last night I did several things in my dreams, as if I was unconsciously trying to ruin the fix.

  • I ran over a curb
  • I turned a corner sharp and ran over a bit of a hill on the side of the road
  • Somehow I ended up running up on a snow pile as well.  Not sure where the snow came from in May.  But there you go.
I can't remember all that I did in my dream, but I know whatever the final thing I did to my car was, it ripped out all the hard work my stepdad had put into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment