Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Swimming Pool





I remember a bit more from last night's dream.  Something that seems to pop up often in my dreams is a really kind of strange swimming pool.  In my dream I was following someone, my brother I think, to the pool.  I'd carried all our towels and other belongings, but he'd hurried on ahead. When I got there, he'd already had a chair or spot on the "good" side of the pool saved for him.  So I had to walk around the pool to try to find a chair to put my stuff on.  And as I got around to the backside of the pool, where it was right up next to a wall, or maybe 3 feet away, all of a sudden the floor/ground was dirt, and there were rocks. And it was like it was outside for that part.  I dream about a pool like that a lot.  Not sure what it means exactly. I can kind of guess what the part about my brother going on ahead without me means.  Even though he's five years younger than me, I feel like he's farther along at being an "adult" than I am.  He's  married, and has a little girl.  I'm 42, single with no significant other in sight, and no children possible, because I had a surgery last summer and had to take away that possibility.  He was always a popular kid, whereas I was the nerdy girl.  And while I am in the career/job that I wanted when I went to college, he has gone on to a slightly different field and makes a lot more money. Where he is kind of set, has money to spend as needed, I live paycheck to paycheck, and have even had some financial issues.  Of course I did go into the field of education, so that's my problem, and he went into the field of pharmaceutical sales, which is why he is doing so well.


Wish I could remember more from the dream, but that's about it.   Oh, I do remember that I was wearing a two piece swimsuit in public, and there is no way I'd be caught dead in even a one piece swimsuit right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment