Monday, May 2, 2016

It's a Twister, Auntie Em!


I know I haven't posted in a while.  And actually, I've been remembering less of my dreams.  However I do feel like maybe I'm getting better sleep, so that's a good thing I guess.  However I did have some very memorable moments in last night's dreams, so I wanted to do a post since I had a little time today and could remember them to talk about.

In the dream I was at some kind of resort I think, or at one point it was a school building.  There is a school that is in my dreams a lot recently, where the library is in the middle of the building in kind of a unique way. But anyway.  I was outside in a building that was either being torn down, or still in the process of being built, I'm not sure which.  But I think there were students out there with me.  Anyway, all of a sudden the tornado sirens went off and we could see the tornado coming down from the clouds almost right on top of us. The only thing we could do was go inside the building and grab onto the wooden or steel beams and try to not let go as the tornado went right through the building we were standing in.


The tornado passed by, quickly, but it seemed like forever as we all held on as hard as we could. And really, no one was picked up by the tornado!  We all survived that!  However, the building didn't hold up that well. And so some of the people who did survive, didn't make it past that.  As one person opened the door by where he was standing to get to the stairs to get down, he stepped out without looking and unfortunately that staircase was just gone, so he fell to his death.  There were other similar things that happened.

Now that is the major part of the dream that I remember.  There were other parts about driving and being at a book convention, but I don't remember enough about those parts to really share it here.

When I look up what dreaming about a tornado means, here is what I get:

To dream of a tornado in your represents an emotionally volatile or sensitive situation. An "emotional storm." A sudden argument, conflict or unsettling experience. Something that has the potential to get a lot worse, cause emotional outbursts, temper tantrums, or make you very upset. You may be experiencing a challenging situation or relationship that is pushing your buttons. Angry relationship breakups.

Tornadoes reflect anger, losing your temper, high degrees of stress, frustration, anxiety, worry, or strong emotional outbursts. Tornadoes in dreams may also indicate a fear of terrible sudden losses. Unforeseen changes. Havoc.

To dream of escaping a tornado may represent a sense of hyper-responsibility as you try to avoid conflict or keep the peace. 


And since I did have a bit of an emotional breakdown yesterday, I would say this definition fits for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment