Thursday, February 4, 2016

It's Out Of This World!


It's been a long time since I've posted.  It's not because I haven't still been having vivid dreams, or that I didn't want to write them down.  It's just that with school going on, I've just not had the time to come and type up a post before I forgot them.  Even today's post was one I wrote what I had time to write on a piece of paper at the beginning of the school day, and as you can see, I'm just now getting around to posting about it.  So it'll probably not have all the details I could have included first thing this morning, but I still want to talk about it!

So, the dream, or the part I remember the clearest, started at the house I grew up in.  I was looking outside and saw some kind of spacecraft/military plane going across the sky.  And then I saw it slowly lower down to in front of the old school that was down the street from my  house.  I went outside with my camera, and for some reason I went and sat in my car to watch it.  I was taking pictures, but then I saw military soldiers coming out of the ship, and I figured I'd better put my camera away, so I set it down, but also make sure to hide my cell phone really well so that even if they took my camera, I could still take pictures/videotape what I was seeing.  They were taking people out of the house next to the school into the ship.  I have no idea why.  After a certain amount of people got on the ship, the military guys started going back on. About this time one of the soldiers saw me, and came and took my camera. They searched for a cell phone, but didn't find where I'd hidden it.  So they went back to the ship and it took off.  Of course once they were back on the ship, I got my cell phone out and filmed it.

The next part of the dream I was meeting an old college friend at a restaurant.  And then my college roommate showed up kind of unexpectedly to hang out with us, and she had a baby with her.  Now, she has kids, but none are babies anymore.  Anyway, I went to show them my video, and then my old roommate said everyone already knew, and pointed over to the TV where they were showing footage of the spaceship.  Then her baby/toddler kind of ran away from the booth and she went to chase him.  The guy, let's call him Brian (names changed for my own sake), hadn't really been talking that much, and so at this point he said he had to leave, and he got up and went away before I had a chance to really talk to him.  I was really upset because he was the reason I'd gone to the restaurant, and then didn't get to talk to him or really hang out with him.

I am guessing the spaceship part of the dream came from the audiobook I'm listening to right now, Invaded.  Not sure why I was back in my old neighborhood.  I'm not sure exactly why the restaurant scene was there.  Probably because I may have felt like I didn't get much of a chance to talk to my friend last time I saw them.  Not sure about my roommate, or the baby.  Oh yeah, now I think I know why the baby was there, probably something to do with going to see a sneak preview of the movie How to be Single the other night.  The older sister in the movie, single of course, decided to have a baby on her own.  Something I had thought I might do at one point, at least until I had the surgery two years ago that made that something that couldn't ever happen.

That's all I remember.  I wish so much there was a way to record dreams and watch them back later.


No comments:

Post a Comment