Monday, July 25, 2016

Vacation - All I Ever Wanted



Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone

The dream I'm going to share today again has to do with a hotel room/condo type of vacation with my family again. Which of course made me think of the Go-Go's song and video.  I know I have been absent with this blog, but again, it's not because I haven't been having dreams, in fact I had one a little while ago that I wanted to share, I just didn't have any time.  Today when I woke up, I knew I just needed to go ahead and plan to do a post on this one. Of course it has been over 8 hours since I woke up from the dream at the time I'm posting this, so I will not be able to remember every little bit. 


In this dream I was on vacation with my family, stepdad and mom specifically.  We were staying at my friend's condo in Colorado that I stayed at the last weekend in June.  Of course the condo in my dream wasn't anything like the real one.  This was a one story cabin type of place.  Nowhere near as nice as my friend's actual condo.  The main part of the dream was us getting ready to leave at the end of the vacation.  Me telling my stepdad that everyone needed to take the sheets off the beds to wash them before we went, and then re-make the beds. But he and my mom were going to leave me there to do it. And I had a ton of stuff that I needed to pack up and load up in my car before I could go.


Later parts of the dream had me going back to the last school I taught at for 14 years before I became a librarian at the school where I am now.  Only the school is never like the actual school.  It is a bit of a mash-up of my elementary school, Holy Cross Lutheran, and some other school my brain makes up a lot.  I had gone in for some reason, and was talking to the people there.  Not that it would be that unusual, I do still talk to a lot of those people, on Facebook, as well as attending retirement parties, and hanging out at Royals games and stuff.  But I was talking to our head secretary, who I do still talk to and see occasionally.  And she asked me if I could come in and work the registration tables before school started, even though I don't work there anymore, because they were having trouble getting the current teachers to sign up.


Those are the main parts of the dream.  I see more of the having to pack up and be left behind by family theme again.  This time having to do with vacation, but still having too much stuff to leave and move on with others.


No comments:

Post a Comment