Friday, July 31, 2015

Our House

I know I haven't posted in a while, actually have been thinking about taking this blog down. But as I'm waiting on the phone with my car insurance company to pay a bill because the online payment system is down, I thought I'd go ahead and describe last night's dream.

I dreamed my parents bought a house in a nice, very fancy new neighborhood.  For some reason I was still living with them.  It was up on the top of a hill, and kind of at a corner lot in the neighborhood.  It was winter when we moved here.  Because I remember the lower porch/deck had carpet on it, and I wondered if it would get ruined when the snow melted or if it rained.

When I went walking one way, there was a little community center/clubhouse type building.  I saw several teens and middle school age students.  Heard them talking about how they'd be going to the middle school I used to teach at, but then the high school students were going to a different high school than what I would have thought.  Inside the building I found this room that had a bunch of books and stuff on a shelf that was high up.  I went and started adding books as I looked through what was on there.  A doctor came in, and started kind of holding my leg like he was examining it while I was standing on the table to put things on the high shelf.  He was cute, but also told me I needed to not tell people he was doing that, and meet him later.

As I left the building, I found something.  I can't remember what it was now. But I was showing it to some women about my mom's age as they were walking through the neighborhood, and they were trying to say they'd take it and find who it belonged to, but then pointed me through the trees to a different area of the neighborhood.  So I walked that way to do whatever it was I was trying to do.  On my way back to my mom's house, I saw people heading down the hill through the forest to an outdoor amphitheater type of place.  They were announcing some song that included a part by Willie Nelson.  But then the people who came to the stage to sing didn't actually include him. There were people sitting in the stands, and others sitting on blankets out in the grass. And it wasn't winter anymore.  And there were more and more people walking down that way.  I was excited to get back to my mom's house and tell my stepdad about it, because I thought he'd enjoy the live music.

And, that's about all I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment